One of the areas I’m always looking to save money in is my makeup. As much as I would love to buy all the products from top lines (and there are some amazing lines out there), I just don’t have the budget for it.
However, there are some products that I just won’t compromise on. I decided to compile a list of beauty picks I use everyday and dish out on where I splurge and where I save.
1. SAVE- Gainer Gentle Cleanser face wash- I typically don’t spend a lot on face wash, but in the past, it was really hard for me to find a fragrance free wash for my skin and my skin is SUPER sensitive. However, Garnier has a great line of sulfate-free products and their gentle facial cleanser is awesome!
2. SPLURGE- Pixi Skintreats Glow Tonic toner- actually, I wouldn’t really call this a splurge as the toner is only $25 and it lasts me about 6 months. This is one of those buys I was so thrilled to find. This toner is not only gentle, but is alcohol free, an absolute must for toners.
3. SPLURGE- Clinique All About Eyes Rich- I really like this stuff for reducing my circles and puffs under my eyes. Since I have reallly long days of commuting, I sometimes don’t get to bed when I should and this stuff really does help with making your eyes look brighter.
4. SAVE- Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture Sensitive Skin- I discovered this stuff not that long ago and though it is not quite a perfect dupe for my previously used F.A.B. facial lotion, it comes pretty close. It has a nice silky texture and a little goes a long way.
1. SPLURGE- Tarte Shape Tape concealer- guys, this stuff is such a game changer! I have never used a concealer that actually concealed my dark circles and redness, until I found this. It completely covers and stays put. Plus, you can color match yourself perfectly, so a win-win!
2. SPLURGE- Tarte Shape Tape hydration foundation- and since I stated using the concealer, I also decided to use the foundation as well. It goes on silky smooth and doens’t become cakey or clumpy throughout the day. It also comes in a matte finish, if you like that look more.
3. SPLURGE- NARS bronzer- I’m the first person to say that nothing looks worse than an orange face. And unfortunately, I have had no success in finding a an inexpensive bronzer that didn’t turn me orange or fade off during the day. This is one of those products I go ahead and spend a little more on since it will last me well over a year.
4. SPLURGE/SAVE- Lune + Aster highlighter- I actually bought a set from them of bronzer and highlighter, but wasn’t a huge fan of the bronzer side. I also think this is one of those products that can go both ways. As long as your highlighter isn’t white, you should be fine. You just want a natural looking glow.
5. SPLURGE/SAVE- Benefit Gimme Brow- this stuff is really great and I love the tiny brush to apply it with, but again, I think you could also save with buying the brow gel by Revlon. It come in several shades and has very good staying power.
6. SPLURGE/SAVE- CoverFx setting powder- this is such a hard one for me! I definitely tend to want to splurge here, but honestly, a cheaper powder will do the trick. Just make sure you stay away from anything with talc. This will severely dry your eye skin out. ( The splurge for this would by Laura Mercier Eye Brightening setting powder)
7. SAVE- L’Oréal Lash Paradise mascara and Voluminous primer- I really love mascara and if you put me on a deserted island with one makeup product, I would choose this every time. Honestly, this mascara works just as well as the expensive ones I’ve bought (and I’ve tried a lot).
8. SAVE- Eco Tools make up brushes- I have been using these since high school and they have never failed me. They are super affordable and last forever! And you are helping to take care of the planet.
So, these are my top beauty picks and products I use on a daily basis. If you had any questions, please feel free to drop them below! I would love to hear your go-to makeup and beauty picks.